[life] chicken little said it, but no one believed her
My light fixture just tried to kill me. I was sitting at my computer, surfing around, checking up on all my favorite blogs and such, and there was this little "ping, crack!" and then the glass cover on my ceiling light fell came free of its mountings and plummeted to the floor, where it broke into about a million pieces.
I made this whistling, high pitched shrieky noise and then just sat there, feet held off the floor, staring wide eyed first at the shattered remains and then at my husband, who came charging up the stairs in crisis mode.
"It broke," was my useful contribution.
"Good thing the cat wasn't in here," he replied, and then glanced again at me, where I quivered on my office chair, feet curled up and the whites of my eyes very visible in the unshielded glare of the light bulb above us. "You look like the cat." He went off to fetch the broom and rescue me from the minefield that had once been my office.
It took me most of the sweeping and then vaccuming and then revaccuming (I am anal and terrified of glass splinters) to calm down a bit. I hope no one surprises me for the rest of today, because I may not survive it.
I made this whistling, high pitched shrieky noise and then just sat there, feet held off the floor, staring wide eyed first at the shattered remains and then at my husband, who came charging up the stairs in crisis mode.
"It broke," was my useful contribution.
"Good thing the cat wasn't in here," he replied, and then glanced again at me, where I quivered on my office chair, feet curled up and the whites of my eyes very visible in the unshielded glare of the light bulb above us. "You look like the cat." He went off to fetch the broom and rescue me from the minefield that had once been my office.
It took me most of the sweeping and then vaccuming and then revaccuming (I am anal and terrified of glass splinters) to calm down a bit. I hope no one surprises me for the rest of today, because I may not survive it.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home